The lovely Julie from the blog Julie in the Making has nominated me for Liebster Blog Award. Julie has some wonderful crafts and recipes on her blog, and is currently doing Sarah Wilson’s I Quit Sugar programme.
It’s always humbling when someone likes your blog, and I will be following Julie’s own sugar-free journey with great interest.
The award is all in the name of getting to know other bloggers better, so here are the rules of the Liebster Blog Award Nomination:
The Liebster Award provides a fun and easy way to get to know other new bloggers (you must have under 200 followers). You then must also nominate 10 other blogs. What a warm welcome into the blogging community, this is a great way to meet new bloggers like yourself as well as get people to learn about you.
The Liebster Award Rules:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Here are the questions that Julie asked:
1. The best place you have ever visited.
Hmmm. I think I’m going to have to say Barcelona. Such an interesting place. My fondest memory of it is coming out of a museum to find an anti-violence demonstration going on. All these people were dancing in a circle, and an old man grabbed my hand and showed me how to dance the steps everyone was doing. It was a beautiful, spontaneous moment.
2. Why do you blog?
I started blogging to keep myself accountable really. I used to keep a diary so I thought a blog would be a great way to chart my progress, and connect with like-minded others. I find it to be a useful tool to staying sugar-free. I can’t blog about living sugar-free without actually doing it.
3. Margarita or Pina Colada?
Definitely Margarita. With raspberries, thanks.
4. The best meal you have ever eaten.
It’s not really a meal but the Belgian chocolate and tamarillo ice cream at Floradita’s in Wellington is divine. Otherwise pretty much anything made by my BFF ‘R’.
5. Three people you would like to invite to a dinner party and why?
Right now I’d like to invite Bashar Al-Assad and Barack Obama to try and broker a peaceful solution to the crisis there. And Billy Connolly for much-needed comic relief.
6. If money was no object what would you do all day?
Write. I have novel-writing aspirations, but never actually get around to writing anything but this blog at the moment. I have three novels and a kid’s story floating around in my head.
7. Your all time favourite movie.
The Shawshank Redemption. The ending brings me to tears every time.
8. If you could travel back in time what year would you go back to?
1974 so I could meet my Grandad who died the year before I was born. He sounds like he was such an amazing person. I’d also hug my Nana and laugh at my Dad for wearing all polyester suits and lurid ties.
9. Are you a morning or night person?
Morning, and by that I mean I’m not the sort who is grumpy in the morning. But it’s not like I enjoy getting up early.
10. What is your favourite page on my blog?
The Melting Moments with Dextrose recipe. They look amazing and are on my to-do list.
I won’t list 10 people (I’m such a rule-breaker!), but here are my top five nominees for bloggers who inspire me:
And here are the questions if my nominees would like to play along:
- Why do you blog?
- Who inspires you the most?
- Cats or dogs?
- The best destination for a relaxing holiday is …?
- What was your favourite book as a child and why?
- Who do you miss the most?
- If you were invisible, where would you like to go?
- What’s the kindest thing anyone’s ever done for you?
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
- Can you ride a horse?