What a great award! It’s nice to know that others find my ramblings encouraging, and I love an award that is passed on to others who are also inspirational.
Here are the rules of the award:
1 Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2 Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and a link back.
3 Share 7 random interesting things about yourself.
4 Nominate up to 15 bloggers for Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
5 Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
So, in keeping with the rules, here are 7 random interesting things about yours truly.
* I know how to say ‘Take your hands off me!’ in Hungarian.
* I love karaoke. You literally have to wrestle the microphone from my hand. I used to be one of those people who was too embarrassed to do it…and then I lived in Asia. I got over myself.
* I was named Angela, after my mother’s favourite student in her first year of teaching. (Apparently she was a really good kid…, sorry Mum)
* I have dog radar. I love dogs and really want to own one again, but we’re renting at the moment. I can spot a dog a mile away and amuse my husband with ‘Oooh! A Bichon Frise!’ Or ‘Cute! That’s a Griffin’.
* I love to travel and the number one country on my bucket list is Egypt.
* My favourite books as a kid were the Anne of Green Gables series. Ergo, number two on my bucket list of must-go places is Prince Edward Island.
* I am a movie buff. As a student I got a job at a movie theatre as I figured I spent so much time there, I may as well see movies for free!
And my nominees for people with awesome blogs that make me smile, make me nod my head in agreement, inspire me and give me hope are:
Rachel at Hands Free Mama. As a new mum, I’ve been looking out for people who seem to know what the heck they are doing. Rachel writes posts that make me weep. She’s that good. Her philosophy is to get out of all those daily distractions that stop us from really connecting with our kids. Check out this post on When you Listen to a Child, and How to Fill Up a Child.
Melissa (Suger) at Suger Coat It. I’m an avid fashion-lover, and found Melissa via Pinterest. She’s an Australian blogging about Plus-Size fashion, and how to live your best life. I was also delighted to see that she is sugar-free! Melissa is delightful melange of wit and inspiration. Check out The way you treat people matters, or Sugar-free Suger: Life after detox.
Justin and Megan at Do Not Disturb. They are a Christian husband and wife team who blog about marriage and intimacy and sex. Yes! Christians who talk frankly about sex. Can I get an Amen? These guys are great, and anyone wanting to improve or maintain their relationship can get a lot of inspiration here. Check out Delivery Matters or Small Stuff or Big Deal?
Jillian at Refashionista. Jillian, quite simply, is brilliant. She transforms daggy op-shop finds into beautiful clothes that will make you gasp at her cleverness – like her fractured floral dress or her kitschy dress makeover. Most of us throw clothes away when they get damaged, don’t fit, or are no longer fashionable, but Jillian’s blog will make you think again.
And finally, the person who deserves a whole truck-load of awards – Liesa at Best Laid Plans. Liesa has been blogging about her struggle with infertility. Her honesty and vulnerability are inspiring, and she has dealt with the pain and heartache of infertility with grace and dignity. This lady is in my prayers, and if you are of a praying persuasion, please add her to your list.
Enjoy discovering these great bloggers!